Work for PHH
From time to time, PHH will advertise upcoming vacancies within our organization on this page.
Our current positions are as follows.
Position: Qualified Asbestos Bulk Analyst
Overall Purpose of the Job:
• To carry out asbestos bulk identification
• To produce certificates and associated supporting documentation to facilitate delivery of asbestos bulk sample analysis under PLM
• To comply with quality standards and make efficient use of all resources working within a general commercial framework
• To participate in inter-laboratory quality management for AIMS scheme and associated internal quality control of analysis, RI liquids etc.
• To liaise with clients in a professional manner.
Key Responsibilities, Accountabilities or Duties:
1. To carry out bulk sample analysis and associated analytical duties (e.g. calibration, reanalysis) relating to equipment maintenance, monitoring and decontamination and sample handling and logging, preparation and storage for compliance with ISO 17025
2. Responsible for effectively controlling work using the systems developed for ensuring that PHH is productive, cost-effective and meets its quality standards in all its operations
3. Ensure all activities undertaken, are carried out in accordance with the requirements of UKAS and PHH policies and procedures, and particularly the Health and Safety at Work Regulations and all subordinate legislation
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Experience in the asbestos industry conducting asbestos bulk analysis under PLM
- Possesses BOHS P module P401 or equivalent
- Work experience within a UKAS accredited consultancy
- Flexible approach to work
- A confident communicator
- Experience in producing technical reports and correspondence, and giving clear oral reports
- Experience of working to tight deadlines
- Must have a working knowledge of:-
a) Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012
b) Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002
c) Building construction in relation to hazardous materials
d) General health & safety legislation
f) Relevant UKAS guidance documents e.g. Lab 30
g) AIMS processes
f) ISO 17025
g) REACH Regulations 2008, where applicable
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Access and Word to minimum NVQ level two or equivalent
- A flexible approach to learning and support of co-workers
- Ability to communicate effectively, accept instructions and give clear oral reports
- Attention to detail and an ability to work to tight deadlines
- Confirmed colour blindness (Ishihara) testing
1. Directly responsible to the Laboratory Manager from whom professional, technical and policy guidance is received as necessary but with the minimum of supervision
2. The post holder will be laboratory-based
3. The post will be a permanent position
It is the policy of PHH Environmental (UK) Limited to afford equal opportunity for employment to all persons on the basis of individual capacity and merit. The company is committed to recruit, hire and promote for all job classifications without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, physical handicap or ancestry.
Notwithstanding the above, it is the policy of PHH Environmental (UK) Ltd to fully comply with its obligations under UK statute, i.e. the Race Relations Act 1976, the Race Relations (Amendment) Act 2000, the Sex Discrimination Act 1975, the Equal Pay Act 1970 and the Disability Discrimination Act 1995
Where reasonable and practicable PHH will endeavour to specifically promote vacancies to underrepresented groups, e.g. ethnic minorities, women in surveying.
How to apply: